- Before you throw anything away, call Tzvika at 052-382-3247 or Rama at 052-347-4099. They run a gemach for needy families and are always looking for clothing (babies, children and adults), linens and blankets, electrical appliances (in working condition) and furniture. They will come and collect it. They also have a van/truck to help people move or transport items.
- Meira 02-624-5495
- Call Minucha 571-1840, she takes to a Gemach for big families....
- Chesed yad lyad: I have a secondhand sale where the money made from the sale goes to families in need. Would you want to give us the clothing? email@example.com
- Pnina Rosenes 02-587-9876 firstname.lastname@example.org
- There's a WIZO (women's international zionist organisation) second hand shop on Hillel street in town. They sell things for cheap, and use the money for WIZO (things like shelters for battered women etc...).
- I collect clothes and toys for XL double-digit families. If you would like us to make good use of your clothes we'd be more than happy. My
- daughter lives in Katamon and you could drop things off there. Please give her a call: Racheli Nicholas – 054-647-2611
- Shoshana Lepon 992-4046
- At the welfare office second hand store. Rehov Dov Gruner 2, East Talpiot, Jerusalem (02) 671-7201
- We pick up, we are gemach that distributes clothes to extra large families who are in need. If you might know someone who has a crib, we are
- in need of one for a family with 11 kids. Simi - email@example.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. He runs a gemach and distributes everything to kollel families who are in need. They do pick-ups.
- Call Tzvika at 052-382-3247 / Rama at 052-347-4099. They run a gemach for needy families and are always looking for clothing (babies, children and adults), linens and blankets, electrical appliances (in working condition) and furniture. They will come and collect it. They also have a van/truck to help people move or transport items. Could be that they only speak Hebrew, the person who told me about them wasn't sure.
- Call Yad L'Yad- 02-537-1816- and ask for Chana Fogel, she might be able to arrange for a pick-up.
- Maayan- 052-431-7461- she's in charge of all the city's volunteer programs and she can arrange to have the stuff picked up and donated to a good cause.
- "Latet Begadim/Vitsu" - 02 625 3641; Mapu St. 1; 8am - 6pm, Sun - Thurs
- "Amit thrift shop" - Rechov Yemin Avot 6, Kiryat Moshe; Collection option; Call Bernie, after 10am; 02 654 2162
- "Gemach for needy families" - Collection option; Call Tzvika 052 382 3247 or Rama 052 347 4099
- "Yad Latinok" - Ezrat Torah St. 26; 02 582 0437
Gemachs from Janglo readers
What is Israel Easy?
Israel Easy is a user review blog for the community of English speakers in Israel. If you've received good service and value from any provider in Israel, please click here to add your comment. We now have over 800 referrals! It's the honest word-of-mouth resource for anyone in or coming to Israel.